The SMS Gateway Feature extend the capabilities of your Apptekz Mobile App platform by adding outbound SMS capability to your mobile apps.
The SMS Gateway enables you to send SMS messages directly from the Mobile App Editor or from within the app. Business owners and app administrators can now send personalized SMS messages to individual customers, groups of customer, or to the entire contact list of registered app users. Enabling users for SMS can be done by simply adding the phone field to the My Account feature so that phone numbers are collected when users first register in the app.
SMS may be used for all types of marketing campaigns and as an alternative to or in conjunction with push notifications to maximize campaign effectiveness.
Additionally, SMS functionality may be added to existing features for transactional messages to augment email (order confirmations, appointment reminders, booking confirmations, etc) – please contact support to learn about options or custom development requirements for specific integrations.
Please reach out to support for additional information on how to get started or to answer any questions with account setup.
- Send personalized SMS messages to registered app contacts
- Send personalized bulk SMS to targeted groups or entire contact list
- Send SMS messages with a short code, system number, your own number or introduce yourself as a company with a text sender *
- Track SMS credit balance
- Limit the countries that are enabled to receive SMS messages from the app
- View history of sent SMS messages
From the Mobile App, (individual) messages can also be sent using the SMS Gateway
Under SMS Gateway Editor page settings you have three tabs
- SMS – Send messages to a single user, specific users or all users at one time
- API Setup – Manage BulkGate configuration.
- History – View & Search SMS records
- Select ‘Send to one user’ to send a message to any single number.
- Select ‘Send to specific user’ to send a message to multiple users by adding a check mark to users in the list.
- Select ‘Send to all users’ to send a message to all users in the database with a single click.
Under the API tab, add BulkGate API credentials. You’ll need to create an account to send the SMS messages. (Contact support for assistance before creating a BulkGate account)
- Enter Application ID
- Application Token
- Sender Profile ID
- Choose Countries that are allowed to receive SMS from this App
Under the History tab, sent SMS messages can be viewed and searched.
We’ll be updating the docs shortly to reflect the new integration with the Appointment Pro module allowing SMS based notifications.
For marketing strategies to consider, check our knowledge base for SMS strategies to increase engagement.